Healthy Snacks That Are Simple and Under 200 Calories
July 15th, 2013
It’s easy to snack often and on foods with high calories. Here’s how to balance your diet with healthy snacks.
When you think of healthy snacks, you’ll probably imagine all types of bland food. However, healthy snacks CAN be more than a dusty space in your pantry. There’s a great range and variety of healthy snacks under 200 calories. Take that sweet tooth!
For me, snacking is what I do to keep a healthy balance between meals. Otherwise, I would be that person who eats a meal every 2 hours! If you eat 3 meals a day and you are trying to be healthier, consider having low calorie snacks. They are essential in a balanced diet and can also help ease those annoying food cravings. A healthy snack should not become an indulgence on a daily basis. I try and have 2 snacks a day, each a couple of hours before and after dinner.
Here is a list of healthy snacks that will keep you satisfied. All are 200 calories or less!
Simple Healthy Snacks:
- 2 squares Graham crackers with 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom, such as Chobani
- 6 corn tortilla chips with ½ cup low-sodium salsa
- 1 whole wheat English muffin with 1 tsp jam/jelly
- 1 cup grape tomatoes with 1/3 cup low fat Ranch dressing
- 2 inch slice of Angel food cake with ½ cup low fat ice cream
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese with ½ cup berries
- 3 cups plain popped popcorn with 1 tbsp melted margarine for topping
- 1 cup chocolate soy milk
- 1 cup Multi-Grain Cheerios with ½ cup skim milk
- Small handful of nuts
The list of snacks doesn’t stop here! There are endless amounts of tasty snacks (I will be covering more in the near future) that are less than 200 calories. With a little bit of consideration and variety, you are on your way to a healthier diet!
What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?